Technical Project Manager (US East Coast)
Technical Project Manager | System Integrations | ETL Processes
🚀 Who are we?
Grip is the world’s leading AI-powered event networking solution based in London, UK. We empower professionals with quality business interactions at events across the globe.
At its core, our proprietary technology drives intelligent recommendations through Grip’s self-learning matchmaking engine. We work with the biggest and most exciting event organisers in the world, such as Informa, ITE, Reed Exhibitions, Amazon, ING Bank, The Guardian and many others.
Our backers are well-known investor heavyweights, such as Brent Hoberman (CEO and Founder at Lastminute.com, Made.com, Founders Factory), Arnaud Massenet (Co-Founder at Net-a-Porter) and David Helgason (Founder at Unity Technologies).
To achieve our business goals and deliver an awesome experience to our users, we are looking for a Technical Project Coordinator to join our team. You’ll be part of an experienced operations team with a great opportunity to grow and learn while owning your own projects within the company.
🚀 Core Responsibilities:
Things move pretty fast at Grip so it's likely you'll end up wearing quite a few hats and gaining experience across a variety of responsibilities. However, your core role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Work with the wider Project Delivery team on assigned projects to ensure successful event delivery by monitoring delivery plans, status reporting of progress and escalation to manager and/or team when necessary.
- Build, maintain and test data integrations through ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) tools.
- Support other project managers with ETL tools and develop quality standards for integrations across the company.
- Maintain a full understanding of the Grip products to ensure top quality assistance for our clients.
- Work with the Integration Team to perform data imports, data maintenance and testing of specific events.
- Managing integrations with third-party vendors and building an effective relationship with them.
- Support Customer Success Managers in client conversation as the "Technical Expert".
🚀 What are we looking for?
We look for a combination of experience and behavioural competencies, these are some of the personality traits an ideal team member possesses:
- Ambitious, adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously, well-organised and dependable. Can be relied on to uphold responsibilities assigned.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to understand concepts and situations within the project delivery cycle to guarantee its success.
- Precise written and verbal communication skills in English, with great interpersonal skills.
- Strong cross-team/group/organisation collaboration skills. Liaising at all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Enjoys working with data and has an eye for detail, while also working in a fast-paced environment.
- A keen user of emerging technologies and is always looking for ways to optimise workflows and processes throughout the team.
- 3+ years of experience in the ETL development environment as a developer, systems integration specialist, or technical project coordinator.
- Proven experience leading on multiple projects simultaneously with complex integration requirements.
- Data integration or technical service delivery experience. E.g. ETL processes
- Comfortable with large and complex datasets in a variety of data formats
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications quickly and accurately.
- Experience with using web-based APIs, preferably REST APIs as well as SSO implementations.
- STEM degree, related technical field or equivalent practical experience in technical project management or sales engineering within the technology or events sector
🚀 Why Grip?
- Opportunity to take lead in shaping an entire industry through AI
- A world-class team of sales, operations and engineering
- Quarterly outside work activities
- Awesome office location with a vibrant social life while also having the ability to work remotely
- Kind, fun and ambitious company culture
- Monthly lunch scheme